Podcast: Demand side response with Alastair Martin
Demand side response provides huge support in balancing Britain's electricity system. Flexitricity have been instrumental in shaping the service over the last two decades.
Alastair Martin, Chief Strategy Officer at Flexitricity has seen monumental changes in the markets over his career and in this episode, Quentin and Alastair discuss:
- The history of demand side response and Flexitricity’s part in it.
- How Flexitricity are using grid-scale storage in their strategy.
- Mandatory Frequency Response and potential issues it causes for batteries wanting to enter the service.
- How being a Virtual Lead Party has changed the way balancing services work.
- Alastair’s thoughts for the future of the markets.
- Asset Spotlight: Larport farm
- Flexitricity Outlines Wish List For 2022 As The UK Builds Momentum Towards Its Net Zero Targets - by Alastair Martin
Listen on Spotify
Listen on Apple Podcasts
About our guest
Flexitricity are pioneers of demand side response, helping to reduce emissions, secure energy supplies, generate revenue for their customers and help all consumers across Britain to save money by providing a wide range of services. For more information about what they do, head over to their website.
About Modo Energy
Modo Energy provides benchmarking, forecasts, data, and insights for new energy assets - all in one place.
Built for analysts, Modo helps the owners, operators, builders, and financers of battery energy storage solutions understand the market - and make the most out of their assets. Modo’s paid plans serve more than 80% of battery storage owners and operators in Great Britain.
To keep up with all of our latest updates, research, analysis, videos, podcasts, data visualizations, live events, and more, follow us on Linkedin or Twitter. If you want to peek behind the curtain for a glimpse of our day-to-day life in the Modo office(s), check us out on Instagram.